UVXPO Sealing Sheets
SWISSCI’s UVXPO Sealing sheets are a 50 µm film with 50 µm inert encapsulated silicone adhesive. They are optically clear, with minimal to no auto-fluorescence (UV compatible), and are especially suited for protein crystallization and qPCR applications.
The encapsulated silicone adhesive is non-tacky until pressed against the sealing surface, at which time adhesive is released only in sealing areas to form the strongest available heat-resistant seal around each well on the plate. The adhesive on non-sealing areas of the film, such as directly over sample wells, remains encapsulated and inert.
UVXPO Sealing sheets are sized to fit within the edges of SWISSCI plates. Two end tabs assist in positioning the film on the plate, and the non-tacky adhesive surface simplifies handling. Easy removal of the end tabs at perforated boundaries prevents lifting and higher evaporation rates that can occur with films that overlap the plate rim.
· High optical clarity
· Minimal to no auto-fluorescence (UV compatible)
· Chemically inert; no extractables except at extreme pH
· DMSO resistant for HTS
· Heat resistant recommended for temperatures from -70 °C to +105 °C
· Certified DNase-, RNase-, and nucleic-acid-free
· Silicone adhesive forms the strongest available seal for evaporation prevention
· Non-tacky adhesive layer simplifies handling of the film prior to sealing
UVXPO Sealing sheets – Box of 100 – Code: UVXPO-SEAL